Rich and hearty, this simple dish is sure to satisfy your family, plus it is vegetarian.
Fresh Lemon - Broccoli Fettucini with Paranno Cream Sauce
1 fourth cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
•2 cloves garlic, minced
•1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
•2 cups finely grated Parrano cheese (find at your local specialty foods store or order online at
www. gourmet-food.com )
1 minced shallot
1 lb fettucini
1 head of broccoli
3 tsp fresh lemon zest
Lemon pepper to taste
1. Prepare broccoli by trimming to florets.
2. Place 2 inches of water in the bottom of your steamer.
3. Place brocoli florets in top section of stemer and steam on medium heat for about 4-6 minutes or until slightly cooked but not soft or soggy.
4. Remove cooked broccoli from steamer and place in large bowl. Toss with 1 tbsp butter and lemon pepper.
1. Melt butter in pan, add milk and cream and bring to a slow boil. Add shallots and garlic, gradually add cheese,while whisking, and simmer until all cheese is melted.
2. SPRINKLE PARSLEY FLAKES AND SIMMER TO DESIRED CONSISTENCY.
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a rolling boil.
2. Add pasta and cook till slighlty soft but still firm or, al dente.
1. Fold broccoli into sauce till coated, add 3 tsp of lemon zest for a fresh flavor.
2. Place in large serving bowl with pasta and ENJOY
Serve with our Sparkling Blackberry Mint lemonade for a great dinner party.
Chicken and Garlic Stew
Time: 1hr. 15min.
1 whole (3- 4 pound) chicken, cut up (legs cut in two), trimmed of excess fat, then rinsed and patted dry with paper towels.
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
2 or more heads of garlic, separated into cloves but not peeled.
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish.
salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chicken stock.
1. Place chicken, olive oil, garlic, parsley, salt, and cinnamon in the bottom of a large saucepan or dutch oven. Pour the chicken stock over all and mix together.
2. Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Cover tightly and reduce to low. Cook, undisturbed, for about an hour, until the chicken and garlic are very tender. Transfer to a deep platter, garnish with parsley, and serve, spreading the softened garlic onto good crusty bread.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE GREAT RECIPES
Shrimp Linguine with lemon-parmesan suce
2 Shallots [finely chopped]
2 cloves garlic [finely chopped]
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon (halved)
1 cup white wine
7 ounces fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 lb shrimp [precooked, thawed dried], and tails removed
Pepper to taste
1 lb linguine
1. Precook pasta, drain, and set aside
2. Melt butter and oil in pan, add garlic and shallots. Cook until shallots are translucent (3-4 minutes)
3. Add white wine and half lemon squeezed and pepper. Bring to a boil, then decrease temp to medium.
4. Slowly mix in 6 ounces of cheese until melted
5. Add langostinos, and fold in to coat well with sauce.
6. Add cooked pasta into pan, and fold to coat
Sprinkle remaining fresh parmesan on top.
And as always ENJOY!
Sweet Chili Beef Stir fry
Prep. time: 20-25 min.
cook time: 10-12 min.
1 lb beef cut into bite size cubes
2 green onions, shredded cut into 1” lengths
1 T ginger, grated or minced
1 T garlic minced
2 c cut up vegetables of your choice
9 oz Udon Japanese wheat noodles
Marinade beef for 30 min in following
2 t dry sherry
2 t soy sauce
2 t corn starch
1 T water
Seasoning sauce make up to add at end of stirfry
1T soy sauce
1 T sugar
1 t vinegar
1 T Cornstarch
2 T water
1t sesame oil
2-3 T sweet chili sauce
1. Put Oil in fying pan stir fry the meat
2. Heat 2 T oil and stir fry green onion, garlic and ginger 1 min.
3. Add beef and cook about 1 min.
4. Then add vegetables and seasoning sauce, stir
until well mixed and sauce thickens a bit. Serve over Japanese noodles or rice(4 servings)
Sweet chili sauce
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
Yield: Makes 1/2 Cup of Sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar (or substitute white vinegar)
1/2 cup 2 Tbsp. white sugar
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp. fish sauce
2 Tbsp. sherry (or cooking sherry)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 to 1 Tbsp. dried crushed chili (1 Tbsp. makes spicy-hot sauce)
11/2 Tbsp. cornstarch dissolved in 3-4 Tbsp. cool water
1. Place all ingredients - except the cornstarch-water mixture - in a sauce pan or pot. Bring to a rolling boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium and let boil for 10 minutes, or until reduced by half. (Note that the vinegar will be quite pungent as it burns off. Generally, I find rice vinegar less strong than regular white vinegar).
3. Reduce heat to low and add the cornstarch-water mixture. Stir to incorporate and continue stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).
4. Remove from heat and taste-test. You should taste "sweet" first, followed by sour, then spicy and salty notes. If the sauce isn't sweet enough, add a little more sugar. If not spicy enough, add more chili.
5.Pour sauce into a small bowl or jar and serve as a condiment with chicken, fish, and seafood, or as a dip with finger foods such as chicken wings, shrimp, or spring rolls. Also makes an excellent marinade for grilled chicken, fish, or seafood. ENJOY
if you are making this for a party with kids you might want to consider substituting cooked bacon for the mushrooms, we would advise that because most kids are picky eaters and they wont go near mushrooms.
Baked vegtable penne with cheese
1 half lb of whole wheat cooked penne
3 tbsps butter
3 tbsps flour
1 half tbsp powdered garlic
3 cups milk
1 cup chopped green pepper
1 half cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup red onion diced
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 large egg
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1 cup panko bread crumbs
3 tbsps unsalted butter
1. Pre heat oven to 350 melt butter in sautee pan stir in flour, garlic,milk,paprika, and onion simmer for ten minutes. 2. Add the egg and most of the cheese stir the cooked penne gently with the mixture and add peppers and mushrooms.
3. Pour and spread into a medium size casserole dish ,sprinkle the extra cheese on top evenly also sprinkle the bread crumbs on.
4. Melt the other 3 tbspns of butter and pour on top.
5. Take for 25-30 minutes let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!!!