This is a flavorful, kid-friendly lunch, great for any party or occasion.
Zesty Lemon-Italian Chicken Strips
1 lb thawed chicken
1 cup classic or panko breadcumbs
1 tbsp garlic seasoning blend
1 tbsp lemon pepper
About 1/3 cup vegetable oil to coat pan
Horseradish Mustard for dipping
1. Mix breadcumbs and seasoning, cut chicken into strips and coat with breadcrumb mixture.
2. Coat the pan with oil, and place the pan on medium heat.
3. After one minute to let oil heat, place coated strips into the oil.
4. Let cook until golden brown, about 1 minute. Flip, and repeat process until all sides are cooked.
5. cut open one chicken strip to be sure that they are fully cooked. Once fully cooked, drain chicken on paper towels and serve warm with horseradish mustard (optional) or tomato ketchup (optional also).Enjoy.
This simple recipe makes a great on-the-run lunch.
Italian Chicken Chopped
1 head of romaine lettuce,chopped
2 fully cooked chicken breasts, diced
2 cups caesar-style croutons
Desired amount of Northern Italian dressing.
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 finely diced bell peppers
1. Once all ingredients are initially prepared, Place lettuce,peppers,chicken, and croutons in large bowl.
2. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss the salad with the dressing to blend the flavors. Sprinkle cheese and drizzle a small amount of dressing and toss again. If desired add more croutons or peppers. Enjoy
Here is a list of great flavor combinations for toasted sandwiches that are a great weekend lunch .
Pick one ingredient for each category:
Whole Wheat Seeded Loaf or White Sourdough Boule
Roasted Red peppers or Sauteed Mushrooms
Grilled Chicken or Roast Beef
Provolone or Cheddar
Caesar Dressing or Dijon Mustard
Fresh Herb (optional)
1. Slice your bread to 3/4 of an inch thick and put a light layer of butter on outside.If needed cook your vegtables.
2. Add your vegetables and spread condiments on bread. Add meat and veggies.
3. Add cheese (basil sprigs if desired) and toast until bread is crisp and cheese is melted and enjoy
With this recipe you will get many different flavors in a very short amount of time. Perfect for any weekday lunch.
fresh, fast and easy tomato, basil, and mozzarella panini
1 baguette or panini bread of your choice, sliced horizontally
1 tomato, sliced
2 sprigs fresh basil
1 small ball of fresh mozzarella
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1. Open sliced baguette and place on cutting board.
2. Heat up panini press to high heat ( use grill pan or skillet if you do not have a press).
3. Rip basil leaves off of the stem and set aside.
4. Cut the mozzarella into slices, along with the tomato.
5. Layer mozzarella, basil and tomato on baguette. Brush with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Grind pepper and salt and sprinkle lightly on inside of sandwich.
6. Cook on panini press or pan until cheese is starting to melt and enjoy.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE MORE GREAT RECIPES
flavorful grilled Pineapple
1 large ripe pineapple,pealed and cored
1 tbsp fresh finely chopped mint leaves
1/half tsp fresh ground ginger
1 eighth tsp ground cloves
1 and 1 half tbsp honey
1. Cut pineapple into 8-12 wedges (depending on how many you need to serve.
2. Mix honey, cloves, mint, and ginger in small bowl.
3. Stir together to fuse the flavors.
4. Brush mixture on pineapple wedges and grill until juice is dripping and Enjoy .
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACESS TO AN OUTDOOR GRILL A GREAT OTHER OPTION IS TO PURCHASE A GRILL PAN WHITCH ARE USUALLY REASONABLY PRICED AND WILL GIVE YOU THE GRILL FLAVOR AND LO0OK YOU WANT.
1 lb precooked penne pasta
4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 red pepper minced
Approx. 1 cup caesar dressing or as needed
1 half cup sliced olives
1 fourth cup minced red onion
1 half cup feta cheese
1. Slice,prepare etc. all ingredients before hand. Mix all ingredients
2. In large bowl exept dressing. Mix well.
3. Gradually add dressing while stirring in bowl only use 3 fourths of the dressing now.
4. Next refridgerate pasta salad over night when ready to serve mix in the rest of the dressing!.